Bing Dictionary for Windows Phone Local Enhanced Version is an English-Chinese dictionary published by Microsoft. It supports both local and online English-Chinese and Chinese-English lookup. Particularly nice features include Smart Index, Search Suggestions and more.
With recent upgrades, the normal Bing Dictionary version now has all the features supported by Bing Dictionary Pro.
To avoid unnecessary confusion to users, Bing Dictionary pro will be retried in a few days.
We encourage you to migrate to the normal Bing Dictionary version, and enjoy the latest Bing Dictionary experience and more features.
Don’t forget to sync your wordlist to OneDrive!
1. Fixed bugs: display exception after a long time suspended, crash
2. Fixed the homepage data not updated issue
3. Removed the APP recommendation on homepage
4. Improved UX
1. Improved the quality of auto suggestion for word query
2. fixed word list opening related problems
1. Optimized app launch time
2. Improved home page and definition page UX
3. Fixed the bug that word recite can’t record correctly
4. Fixed some other known bugs
1.Support word recite record sync to cloud
2.Support to launch Bing Dictionary from Cortana with voice command, search words with voice
3.Improved Chinese-English offline related definition coverage
4.Improve performance that make low power consumption and little heat production
5.Support user set the only start screen tile transparent or non-transparent
1.Fun feature - shaking the phone and start a random exercise!
2.Improve UX for wordbook feature.
3.You can decide to have transparent tile, or the dynamic tile.
4.Bug fixes for better user experiences and stability.
1.Support transparent tile for WP8.1
2.Modify UX for word recite to improve user experience
3.Fix some bugs
• Local/Online dictionary: Local dictionary contains 100,000 most-frequently-used English and Chinese words. Online dictionary provides more words, sentences and voice.
• Smart Index: Creative Smart Index matches incomplete words and their inflections. Quick-definition is also provided for convenience. Try to input ”better”?
• Click-to-Lookup: Don’t like keyboard in phone? Try two clicks to start a new search: first click a word in definitions or sentences, then click the search button.
• Search Suggestion: uncertain of spelling? Online dictionary provides search candidates of similar spelling or pronunciation to your input.
• Machine Translate: online dictionary mode supports machine translation. Input a long sentence to try the latest Microsoft translation engine between Chinese and English.
• Themes and Fonts: UI themes, Chinese or English user interface, and different font sizes for comfortable reading experience.