Plex organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections, and gives you instant access to them on all of your devices.
With the free Plex Media Server (download for free at www.plex.tv/downloads) software on your home computer and Plex for Windows, you can enjoy all of your personal media on your Windows device and easily share it with friends and family.
Plex also makes your media look beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information. With an optional premium Plex Pass subscription, you can even sync videos, music, and photos to your smartphones and tablets to enjoy while offline. Parental controls, premium music features, music videos, trailers and extras, and powerful management tools are also part of our premium offering.
Getting up and running is fast and simple, so get started now!
• Unlimited playback of on-device video and photos.
• Fling unlimited photos and videos from your Plex Media Server (available for free at https://plex.tv/downloads) and the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to other supported Plex apps, such as Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, Xbox One, and other apps.
Limitations of the free app
• Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
Unlock full functionality
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your Windows device with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here are some ways that Plex makes your media experience awesome:
• Makes your media beautiful with artwork, descriptions, and more
• Automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device
• Makes sharing your media with friends and family simple and easy
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Lets you browse, fling, and control your media on most Plex apps
• Gives you access to a wide range of online channels such as TED Talks, Revision3, and TWiT
• Enables you to queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and then Watch Later on any device
Other features include*:
• Accessibility: Connect to your Plex Media Server wherever you are, whenever you want
• Plex Home: Use customized, managed accounts, and restrict content those users can access
• Camera Upload: Automatically upload your photos from your device to your Plex Media Server
• Mobile Sync: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing
• Security: Enjoy your media away from home, knowing connection is securely encrypted
• Plex Mix: Kick off a playlist of similar and related tracks from your collection at any time
• Rotten Tomatoes: See how your movie collection ranks with ratings from Rotten Tomatoes
• Related Movies and TV shows: Easily find similar movies based on selections in your library
• Top Movies: View top movies by genre, director, and actor
• Movie Extras and Music Videos: Access trailers, extras, and music videos from your libraries
*Please note, some features are only available to Plex Pass subscribers.
IMPORTANT: In cases where you have trouble, we're interested in assisting through our forums (https://forums.plex.tv/), so that things can be investigated and resolved to benefit all users.
NOTE: PLEX FOR WINDOWS IS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE CHROMECAST. YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM MEDIA TO THIS APP. SERVER VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. DTS audio and some subtitle formats are not supported for Direct Play, and will be transcoded. Connecting to a Plex Media Server on the local machine requires a loopback exemption due to Windows application sandboxing.
- Play video from your network
- Play music from your network
- View photos from your network
- Play multimedia content from online channels
- Play video from your online queue
- Play video recommended by your friends
- Play photos from your PC
- Play videos from your PC