Unlimited ad-free trial!
Owl Reader is a feature-rich client and offline reader for Pocket (Read It Later). It allows you to connect to your Pocket account, browse the list of articles you have stored there, and read the articles in a comfortable mobile view directly on your phone. It also allows management of stored articles - adding new links, deleting old ones, tagging articles or marking them as read or favorite.
Owl Reader downloads articles with images for offline reading. It also allows you to browse and edit your Pocket article list even when you are currently offline. This includes operations like archiving, favoriting, deleting, tagging, or even adding new links to the list. All changes made offline are uploaded upon next online synchronization. This makes Own Reader perfect for reading articles from the web while travelling by underground, airplane, or through areas with poor signal.
Note that you need to have a (free) Pocket account in order to use the application. You can get one here: http://getpocket.com/signup
- Multiple themes (dark, light, sepia, teal, custom)
- Handles thousands of articles in the list
- Clean mobile view with fully customizable font and colors
- Two color schemes with easy switching
- Position within an article is remembered
- Scrollbar for quick navigation throughout the article
- Automatic downloading of articles (including images)
- Three alternative services for mobile article parsing
- Support for YouTube videos (including thumbnails), videos can be opened in IE, Metrotube, myTube, or YouTube apps (WP8 only)
- External links can be opened in IE, UC Browser, Surfy, Maxthon, or Nokia Xpress (WP8 only)
- Rich configuration options
Includes a bookmark that allows saving the current page from Internet Explorer even on WP 7.5 devices.
Trial version is fully functional, ad-free, and only displays a message occasionally.
Questions, ideas, bug reports, beta version: email@example.com